-
December 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM
#1
joelanddeborah
Guest
Hi!
I need to buy a good wig for an old Kirsten--she has such a beautiful face and amazingly long, brown eyelashes that I don't want to send her to the American Girl Hospital for a new head. I have a really beat-up Mattel Kirsten that DOES nead a new head, and I wouldn't mind sending her to the hospital, though. Should I do that and take the new AG Hospital wig off of her and glue it on my older Kirsten, or should just try to find a German wig? I have seen Engel Puppen wigs mentioned on this board, but I don't know where to look to buy them. Can someone tell me? I really want to keep this German Kirsten doll forever. She is special to us. I don't want to do it for resale or any purpose like that. I just want to restore her to her original beauty for my collection.
Thanks for anyone's help!
Deborah
-
December 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hello-
I sent my Addy in headless with the same idea that you had of taking the new wig, but I have to say it's much easier said than done. I felt that I could pull off the old wig, and I ended up putting oodles of holes in the wig. I don't want those holes in the new wig that came from the hospital, so I called a doll repair shop and they told me that sometimes they use hot glue which will come off with some work and sometimes they use horse glue or something that sounds like that and then it's near impossible to get the wig off without damaging it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you...let us know how it goes and what you decide. Shanna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks